Ames in Seattle

Thursday, August 17, 2006

New best friends

Whew. Been a long week of working. Have worked the past two weekends, last weekend both Saturday and Sunday, 8+ hour days. Welcome to the glamour of advertising!

But I'm liking what I'm doing. We're on a big hush, hush pitch that I'd tell you about, but then I'd have to kill you. In addition to that, working on two pretty big projects for T-Mobile. It's going well and I'm figuring out where my cog fits in this giant wheel.

Started working with a couple of freelancers from L.A. and think that I've found another kindred spirit in a writer named Emilia. She's hilarious and we got along instantly upon meeting. Huge smartass and has a million funny stories about growing up in a Mexican family but still being mistaken for either a white girl or an Asian girl. We giggle so much we have to separate ourselves so we actually get work done.

As a result of a bunch of us being new to town, have gone out and had fun the past few nights at dinner, etc. It's nice because none of us know where we're really going, but are all up for new adventures. Had dinner tonight at a great place in Capitol Hill that Randall, an AD from my department, took us to. It was really cool. Everyone here is really helpful and friendly and, unlike Minnesotans, will ACTUALLY call you to hang out and go out to dinner or have beers, instead of just talking about how fun it would be and then never calling you (I'm just as guilty as anyone else). Helps a lot to make me feel more comfortable.

Looked at The World's Cutest Apartment yesterday. I arrived promptly at 10:00 a.m. for the showing...along with at least 8 other applicants. I might have to stoop to desperate measures if this doesn't turn out. It's that great. I was already planning where a little herb garden would go and imagining all of you coming to hang out for a long weekend or more. It's totally perfect for me. Feel like I need to figure out how to get sneak previews of places just to get a jump on the competition. But fear not, my potential visitors! I'm going to find something great, it's just going to have to be perfect timing. Am still crossing all fingers and toes and dusting off my rosary so that I get this place. Lower level duplex in a Victorian house, circa 1906. Did I mention how cute it was? Should find out this weekend, so send all your positive thoughts my way.

If I rent it, you will come. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home