Ames in Seattle

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Victory!

I have furniture.

I know. It's very exciting. My stuff arrived on Saturday afternoon and I got to go to a truck stop! I went to be there while they weighed the truck and then weighed it again after unloading my crap. Guess what? My things didn't, in fact, weigh an additional 1026 pounds like the moving company was trying to charge me 89 cents a pound to drive to Washington.

Fuming.

I wasn't about to let these criminals leave with my money, so I told the dispatch guy he had three choices: he could give me the cash back, he could meet My New Best Friend, Officer Turner from the Washington State Patrol, or he could have his drivers sit in the lot of the truck stop, unable to move because of the Toyota Camry that was going to be parked in its way. It may say "Sensible Soccer Mom," but it's really quite an intimidating, badass vehicle.

They chose the cash route, which is good because I had to chase down a tow truck which had my car on it today in Belltown. Had to convince the kid to give me back my car, to the tune of $156.67. Little tip for those of you planning to visit: when parking is no longer allowed after 3:00 p.m., they mean it. I had a ticket by 3:03 p.m. and was running after the tow truck at 3:11 p.m.

But not to fear! The movers still owe me close to $200, which I'm sure will arrive at my house with a giant apology letter any second now. Even though I'll probably never see the dough, I'm kept warm at night by my moral victory. Well, that and the thought of the Twins potential starting five in 2007.

Heading back to Minny for the weekend on Thursday night, Hope to see some of you, if not all of you. (It's pretty much just my family reading this now, right?) Oh, and there will be more photos, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like before, If you don't want people to believe that you are a stripper, don't park in front of strip bars at 3:00.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like before, If you don't want people to believe that you are a stripper, don't park in front of strip bars at 3:00.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home