Ames in Seattle

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Observations. Good and bad.

I'm a big fan of my snooze button.

None of you who have ever lived with me or worked with me will be surprised by this. As much as I'd love to make excuses, I'm just not a morning person. The minute my alarm goes off, I immediately scheme so I can get "just a few more minutes."

So, my snooze button goes off every seven minutes to KEXP, the public radio station in Seattle that pretty much rocks the free world. And the weirdest thing happened over and over this week. Every seven minutes my alarm went off, the song that was playing was a great song. And not just a great song, like a classic one or anything, but ones that are long-time favorites of mine for all kinds of weird reasons. Songs I don't hear often, let alone on the radio.

I can't describe it or explain it really, but it's like someone broke into my house, looked at all my CDs and files on my computer and iPod and then sent the list to the station and programmed them to come on the air every seven minutes. Crazy.

Also, I just flipped the channel when SNL went into their late-in-the-show lameness and saw that Tim McCarver has his own talk show. Tim Mc-Freakin'-Carver! I was so disgusted, I realized I had watched almost six minutes of him interviewing Merlin Olson with my mouth hanging open before I finally swore out loud and changed the channel again.

As my friend Emilia says, "Seriously. Why are we not famous yet?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home