Ames in Seattle

Friday, May 25, 2007

Adam, this is Craziness. Craziness, this is Adam

So, Adam came back to Minneapolis with me and met my family over Mother's Day weekend. Not just my parents. Not just my MN siblings. All six of my siblings. Five of their spouses. And twelve of my nieces and nephews.

Remember how you thought I was joking in an earlier post when I said he was a superhero?



We went back for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was really pretty mellow. The priest performed a blessing at my parents' church, the same one where I was baptized and confirmed and spoke about them in his homily. It was really pretty incredible to see the two people who have had the most to do with who I am today stand up and say that they not only are still married after 50 years, but that they'd do it all over again. Pretty awesome.



Finally finished a really cool book for my Mom called, "We Love Grandma." It's a photo book I made on Apple iPhoto. It took me two years to get photos from everyone and quotes, but each of her 16 grandchildren answered the question "Why do you love grandma?" And that appeared on a page with their photo. She loves all the photos that we send to her of the kids, but always says, "I want to hold them in my hands." So, she gets to do that with this book. I'm pretty proud of it. Plus, who couldn't love a book filled with babies who look like this?





Also have had a great couple days in Salem over the past week or so. Drove Adam back down after our trip to MN on Tuesday and then went to see him the following Saturday. This whole long distance thing really sucks. But we had a lot of fun at a party some regulars of his restaurant had. It was a luau in their backyard, complete with fire dancers and everything!



Had to bail out on the Sasquatch music festival this weekend. I have a ton of work that I had to finish this weekend and a bunch of other house things to take care of. I'm really bummed about it, but I just couldn't get it together. Also, got a picture message from my neighbor tonight, who's at a special, super-secret performance by the Beastie Boys at the Crocodile Café. Damn it!

Speaking of my super awesome fun neighbor Shane, he sold his place and is going to be moving out next weekend and then eventually to L.A. That also bums me out a lot, too. He's been a great new friend to me and nice to have next door when I go out of town or need someone to go to a show with. Plus, he and our other neighbors were the first people outside of work to invite me over to hang out. I will miss him.

Also went to the Seattle Advertising and Design Awards Show this week. It was quite possibly one of the most boring things I've ever been through. Positively brutal. I'd describe it more here, but I may begin weeping. Even having the band The Blakes there to play didn't rescue it from being excruciating. Who do I call about getting my three hours back?

Hey! I finally took photos from our deck at work. You can see the Olympic mountains in the distance. And water. And boats. And awesomeness.






So, made your plans to visit me yet? I've only heard from one person out of all of you who said, "Yeah! I'll totally come visit you in Seattle!" So, what gives?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy.

Alex and I are planning to come and visit you on Aug. 3rd, 4th & 5th. Just want to make sure you're around... so we can challenge the limits of your hospitality - mostly because of our severe Minnesota accents and new-found allegiance to hard-core Duluth gangster rap. Looking forward to seeing Seattle with a local.
-- Mark L.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home