Ames in Seattle

Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm wisterical!


Went to visit The Amazing Adam (he's a superhero, didn't I tell you that?) and saw this amayyyyyzing phenomenon. This wisteria vine grows up the side of one building, across an arbor (which, Adam tells me, blooms as well) and then down the side of the other. Or is it two that both grow up the sides of two buildings and join in the middle? Ummm, I don't know. And maybe it's not that uncommon out here. But isn't it pretty?

Been having fun hanging out with my Favorite Redhead (sorry, Morgan...like you read this anyway) and really loving all the blooms and flowers all around Seattle. Let me tell you, a few rhododendrons and azaleas sure can spruce up the dump. Sun is starting to peak out a few times a week now! I wore my sunglasses four whole times last week!

Work is good. Work is busy. Work is crazy. But it's work. "The curse of the eating class," as Papa Jack says.

Couple random notes about the Twins:

1. I love Michael Cuddyer, as you know. Workin' the rosary for his back to heal quickly.

2. WHY CAN'T WE BEAT THE G.D. DEVIL RAYS? Why, god? Why? Why must they break my heart?

3. If Jason Kubel strikes out looking one more time, I will be forced to say and do some very, very unkind things. Look, I can't imagine what it's like to stand in the box against a big league pitcher. I can't hit a curve ball. But I learned at oh, let's say AGE 7 that with two strikes, YOU PROTECT THE PLATE. To borrow a quote from Bull Durham and change it up a bit, "Swing, dummy!"

4. I was so happy I had tears in my eyes when I saw Francisco Liriano in the dugout the other night while watching on mlbtv.com. I want little children with pots of gold dust and rainbows and unicorn glitter and Skittles to rub his elbow until he can throw unbelievable heat again. Workin' the beads for that, too. We sure could use him.


5. Also saying a small prayer to the baseball gods that they smile kindly on my boys as they meet the Red Sox this weekend. Wakefield on Friday, Schilling on Sunday. And hopefully, a happy Amy on Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nash Meeker said...

Hi Amy!!!!! This blog is the coolest most funniest blog ever!!!! Your the best! your friend,
NASH MEEKER :)

(P.S. thats a smiley face up there.)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home